Embellishing a Chandelier
Chandeliers have been around for ages and don't seem to be leaving the scene anytime soon. They always seem to be a classy and elegant way to light a room. Whether you are going with an arts and crafts style, wrought iron or the old glass version, you can't seem to go wrong. They always seem to add a sense of glamour and drama to a room.
1. The first thing you will want to try is to paint your chandelier. Chandeliers tend to take paint really well and the new color will make yours look better than ever. You will want to start with a spray primer though, and make sure it is made for metals.
2. Adding a dimmer to your chandelier is a great way to make it feel like a new fixture. This will allow you to create moods in the room as well.
3. Another thing that you can add to your chandelier is beads. These can either be cheap beads that you buy at the dollar store, or more precious or semi-precious crystal beads.
4. There are always ornaments that you put onto your chandelier as well. Of course they will have to fit in with the style that you are going for, but you can add almost anything with small wire hooks. Fake flowers, prisms, actually ornaments, glass balls, anything that you can think of can be mounted on your chandelier.
5. You can always add a shade to your chandelier as well. You can find one larger shade, or multiple smaller ones to cover each individual light. Either way you can find them in almost any fabric and color to match the room that you will be hanging it in. They are very basic, but really will improve the overall appearance of the chandelier and is simple to change.