There are a few things that a carpenter will consider for a project:
1. Design or layout- This means they will have to choose the materials needed for the particular projects and mark and measure the amounts needed.
2. Joining and cutting materials- Carpenters have to choose what tool they will be using to attach pieces of the project together. This could include nails, screws, glue, bolts or a combination. They will also have to choose the tools they will need for the project.
3. Estimation- carpenters will also look at all of the materials and time needed to complete a project before taking a job on
4. Interpretation- Carpenters will do research and interpret any blueprints or plans connect to the project to avoid any unforeseen problems or obstacles.
5. Building Guidelines- every carpenter has specific rules and regulations that he must follow when taking on a certain project. The rules vary depending on the area, the use of the finished project and project itself and the carpenter needs to know each of the rules and codes he must follow.